Saturday, June 12, 2010
USA! USA! USA!
So after a lot of prodding from my Dad, Mom agreed to sit in front of the TV and let me listen to the England v. USA World Cup match. Granted, she spent the entire time "multitasking" (i.e. not watching the game) but I didn't care. It was a fantastic 1-1 result for the Yanks. Wahoo! When the US scored my Mom started crying because my Dad scared her with his loud yelling and dancing around. I was yelling too but she couldn't hear me over my Dad's celebrating. She felt it though when I started jabbing her in the rib with my waving flag and blowing vuvuzela. Anyway, solid start for the US. Keep it up boys!!! Here's some pics of us watching the game:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
haha, love your view, Liam!
ReplyDeletehey Liam,
ReplyDeletehow do you feel about Argentina? any early picks to win (besides US)?
Based on what I've heard (since I haven't yet seen any of the games in person), I'd have to say that if all the teams play to the best of their ability then Spain will win. They have the most talent. Argentina is good enough to get everyone excited but eventually their lack of depth in midfield and defense will come back to bite them. That or Maradona will lead them to the brink of greatness and then sabotage the team to protect his own immortality as the greatest argentine player. I think I would be a better choice as coach. Anyway, I believe it's Spain's year.
ReplyDeleteDid I say Spain? I meant Brasil. :)
ReplyDeletestill learning aren't you Liam... :)
ReplyDeletecan't wait to see you