Monday, July 12, 2010
Old McLiam had a farm...
So I was under the impression that as a baby, I could pretty much spend most of my day sleeping. Maybe that's true for some babies, but I apparently was not so lucky. Nope, I was born a workin' man from day 1. My profession? Dairy farmer. Yep, I spend at least 8 hours a day milking. That's a full time job! (Aren't there child labor laws against this kind of thing?! At least let me develop some fine motor skills before you put me to work.) My dairy cow was originally named Janet but I changed her name to Mommy cause I liked it better. She ain't no heifer; she's one beautiful milk makin' machine. That being said, it's been quite a process trying to figure out this whole milking thing. Most of the time I don't latch quite right to really get that milk out and Mommy gets angry. Sometimes she don't produce much, but other times she milks like a blue ribbon state fair champion! If I don't milk her every few hours then she gets real fussy and uncomfortable. Luckily I got myself one of those new fangled pumps that sucks the milk right out of her. Boy, that's made my life a lot easier. It frees up more time for me to go muck out the diaper stalls. Anyway, for all you future baby folk out there be forewarned, this ain't no pleasure cruise, you've got chores that need doin'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sometimes nursing really isn't awesome. But sometimes it is. It just really depends on baby and mom. Plus I can't tell you how amazing it is to have a baby who knows how to drink from a bottle! It's a total lifesaver! I hope things get easier!!!! We'll be praying for ya!
ReplyDeleteI love this post, especially because I have a very small inkling of how hard it has been at times. Old McLiam is definitely worth it and he's lucky to have such amazing parents (even on those days when you feel less than amazing). Thanks for letting us share in some of his first days at home.
ReplyDelete